Hello and thank you for visiting my blog of my Coast to Coast walk!
Sponsor me in aid of the RNIB by clicking on the map
which will take you to my 'Just Giving' site. Thank You! :o)

Sponsor me and help the RNIB

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Day 10: Through the fields and far away...

Reeth to Catterick Bridge  ( 16.5  miles )

Hello fellow bloggers! Today's plan  was quite an easy day however tomorrow is very hard. The walk from Richmond to Inglby Cross is 23 miles, knowing this we split the day so when we reached Richmond we proceeded on to Catterick Bridge , which is a further 5 miles, making tomorrow a lot easier (I hope).

The view up Swaledale


We walked out of Reeth and down the road until we reached  Marske and the were some curious spectators looking over a wall onto the path....

My ever growing fan club

We then walked through lots of pretty green pastures and wheat fields.

Over the fields

... until we hit the road and saw a sign...



But no time to stop as we had a long way to go.

On the way we passed some loyal fans of Pads and they had even named a bridge after him! He was just bothered about the cool beck below... 


Paddy's Bridge

We crossed some more rolling fields and then there was a quick uphill clamber to the road. Then we followed a long down hill road into Richmond were we stopped for food and a well earned rest.

Reaching Richmond


Next we had the long walk to Catterick Bridge. We followed the beautiful Swale down and around and pretty much through lots of fields to Catterick.  We then got a taxi back to Richmond and enjoyed a nice hot bath!

Ingleby Cross here I come!
Caity


Highlight of the day: The break  at Richmond!

6 comments:

  1. wow - thats great progress looking at the map !!! Well done for not stopping at the cake shop, I may not have been so strong :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news. I particularly like the picture of Paddy looking at his bridge - good to see the correct use of an apostrophe :)
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all of you!

    You are all doing so well. I really love all the pictures you have took - you've got some great ones for your album! You are making me want to visit all these lovely places.

    I hope your legs aren't quite worn out yet - keep pushing on - not too much further to go.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic progress Caitlin - I would still have been in the farmhouse with the cakes!
    Love the stunning photos, too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Catlin keep going you are doing really well hope your feet are ok. not long now!xx

    ReplyDelete