Hello and thank you for visiting my blog of my Coast to Coast walk!
Sponsor me in aid of the RNIB by clicking on the map
which will take you to my 'Just Giving' site. Thank You! :o)

Sponsor me and help the RNIB

Friday 30 July 2010

Day 7: Chocolate Heaven!

Orton to Kirkby Stephen (12 miles)


Today started like a dream! Me going mental in a chocolate shop... Can you picture it?!

Kennady's Choclate Factgory, Orton
So we all started the day on a high, hmm maybee not mum who had to carry it all.... a LOT of weight!

Starting at Orton Church


We were joined today by Helen who had trusted Sherpa Dad to navigate us ( obviously not read my blog.. )

Helen (she was really nice)
We have met loads of great people on the way and I'll tell you about them all later.

It was rough road for about 3 miles and then a Thomas Traverse over heather, for about 2 miles. Then we hit the road and walked down it till we hit a big hill we climbed over.

Smardale

It was great when we met Grandad who had come to meet us from Kirkby Stephen.

Me and Grandad (part of the laundary team)
There is not much to say now apart from we went into the B&B and were greeted by cake, tea (in china cups my pinkie finger needed to be in the air, it was so posh!) and strawberrys: YUM!

And a special Thanks to the Laundry Team: Grandma, Grandad, and Margeret, Who met us for a meal.


See you on Sunday as I have a day off tomorrow! perhaps a spot of shopping who knows?

Love Caitlin

Oh and its Hayleighs birthday today so Happy Birthday to the best big sis in the whole world! Love You Loads!

Highlight of the day: Meeting the laundary team

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you have a laundry team - nothing worse than lots of smelly socks in your backpacks!
    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya its paige,
    hope you get 2 books :D

    ReplyDelete